This course is for those who want to train carers working with people with dementia.
Participants will gain an authoritative understanding of the issues relating to dementia and an ability to answer even the most difficult questions on the topic and will also be taught a range of teaching methods and public speaking skills that will enhance their abilities as an instructor.
Upon completion of the course, the organisation will benefit from having a dementia trainer and advisor on site.
- Various teaching methods
- Different learning styles
- How individuals learn and retain information.
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Presenting information.
- ‘Do’s and don’ts’ when delivering training
- Creating lesson plans
- Reflective practice
- Preparing to deliver a training session